Thursday, November 1, 2012

Drawn to Life

I had many teachers recommend this book to me many times, but never cared to pick it up because I hate reading.  What can I say, I'm more of a visual person. 
I was in the library the other day and I came across the book.  
Right side of brain: "Does it have pictures? o3o" 
Left side of brain: "Why does that matter you idiot?! *smack* Pick it up! You need to read more anyways!"
For some reason I felt I had to pick it up and read it... so I did.
and... It is an amazing book!!! What is this book you ask?  Well it's call Drawn to Life by Walt Stanchfield. Walt Stanchfield was one of the most amazing animators of his generation.  Some of his work can be found in the Disney movies, the Jungle Book and AristoCats.

The book is not only great for animators but also for all artists in general! I never found a more amazing textbook in my life! Now I know why so many people recommended it.  It has a ton of useful info, great tips, and it also inspires you to become a better artist.  I'm almost tempted to steal it from the library.
So if you are looking for a great book to read for artists/animators, then this is great addition to add to your personal library!

No comments:

Post a Comment